Web site no longer maintained - see our home page here.

The Samson Press

11-13 Park Street

The press was founded by Joan Shelmerdine and Flora Grierson and operated from these buildings from 1937 until 1967.

They commissioned and printed a wide range of illustrated works which have since become highly prized collectors’ items.

Samson Press plaques

(Return to list of Wall Plaques)

11 & 13 Park Street

The press archives and equipment are now owned by the University of Oxford's Bodleian Library.