The Bishop's House
50 Rectory Lane
This was the first rectory in Woodstock. It was built in 1686 by Dr John Fell, the Bishop of Oxford. He bought the land and built the rectory for £600, enabling the Rector to move closer to the busier part of his parish.
The plaque is located on the curving wall to the left of the house entrance.
Note: this is a private house and it is not open to the public.