The Samson Press
The Town Hall
The Town Hall was built by George Spencer, the 4th Duke of Marlborough, in 1766. His coat of arms is above the main entrance.
The ground floor of the original building was open under the arches. A market was held under here and in the Victorian era the town's fire engines parked here. In 1898 the arches were filled in to create a council chamber and offices.