The Pest House
23 Rectory Lane
This was the old isolation hospital for infectious diseases. It was built in 1719 on what was then the perimeter of the town. Victims of smallpox were cared for here in six separate rooms although the protection of healthy townspeople was probably more important than the care of the sick.
Note: this is a private house and it is not open to the public.