The Steel Jewellery Factory
2 Market Place
Woodstock steel jewellery was highly prized with an international reputation. Items included buckles, scissors, buttons and sword hilts.
From before 1733 this site was owned by the Eldridge family who were whitesmiths, steelmakers, ironmongers and glovers. In the 1760s George Eldridge was appointed jeweller to Queen Charlotte, the consort of King George III.
The property is now host to La Galleria Ristorante Italiano.
Open for lunch and dinner.